Today we’ll be providing brief snippets of current news that pertain to various environmental topics such as the Trinidad Rancheria Hotel project update, youth climate strikes, Plastic Pollution and SB 54, the true vulnerability of coastal California and current climate news.
1. Proposed Trinidad Rancheria Hotel project update
2. Caltrans Herbicide Spraying in Trinity County, link to online petition.
3. Global Youth Climate Strike Comes to Arcata and Eureka
5. Greta Thunberg nominated for Nobel Peace Prize for climate activism
6. It’s time for climate change communicators to listen to social science
7. War, famine and drought: More women say they won’t have children because of climate change
8. Federal judge demands Trump administration reveal how its drilling plans will fuel climate change
9. SB 54,. California Circular Economy and Plastic Pollution Reduction Act.
10. New warnings on plastics health risks as fracking industry promotes big build-out.
11. The true vulnerability of coastal California, revealed
12. Big backyards and pools are California’s past. Apartment buildings are its future
13. Agroforestry – the practice of planting trees in fields – can protect both crops and soil from harsh weather, as well as providing timber to sell
If you have suggestions for stories to be reported on the next issue of the EcoNews Roundup, please email the NEC office.